Thursday, March 5, 2009

Extraordinary

Mission: Become a Better Leader (and person for that matter)
Location: Flowing Wells High School, Tuscon Arizona
Time to Complete Mission: Approximately 48 hours
Mission Status: Complete
That's right folks.
State Student Council Convention.
Good times.
2,000 Student Leaders from all over Arizona gathered together to party, learn and grow as leaders in their school and community.
10 delegates are chosen from each school and I was lucky enough to be chosen to represent Westwood.
One of my favorite things I gleaned from the convention is this:
One of our motivational speakers drilled this phrase into our heads:
"I am not average, I am Extraordinary!"
We had to say it over
and over
and over again.
And yes, I did get the point.
So now I want YOU to say it out loud
Right now
Wherever you are
"I am not average, I am extraordinary"
I can't hear you!!!
Say it loud and proud ladies and gentlemen!
So now to reward the wonderful people who commented on that one post that my stupid computer won't allow me to link to.
If you commented you know what I'm talking about.
Because you wonderful ladies graced my little blog with your presence I shall TELL you why
"You Are Not Average, You Are Extraordinary."
You know its true, and I'm going to give you each five reasons why.
Disclaimer: I don't know all of you in the flesh.
Some I know better than others so don't get offended if your reasons aren't as in depth as others.
I love you all the same!
Well, I have math homework to do, so for you 11 lucky people, I will begin your
Ego-Building Exercise Tomorrow.
Until then,
Bask in the Glory of Being Extraordinary

6 comments:

Camille said...

I SAID IT!

I might need to practice a bit more before I REALLY begin to believe it, but it's a start.

I always liked all the fun StuCo stuff, especially missing school for convention. Sweet.

✩Molly✩ said...

I cannot wait to glean in the glory of extraordinary existence. :) I love your blog. :) I am sure that was a great experience. good luck with your homework, way to go (for doing it).

Nancy Face said...

I LOVE this:

"I am not average, I am extraordinary"

Kris Face waked into the room and I said it to him! He said, "That's right." Now he knows how cool you are, too! :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

What a great post!
You are jsut so dang cute you make me smile.

Anonymous said...

There is just something about you girl! You are definately Extraordinary!! What a fabulous experience - Loved reading about it!

I will say it "I'm Extraordinary!!" It's the only way to be!!

Happy Day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GUESS WHAT?!?!! I was on the state board for nevada, 4a2 vice president. so i have been to two state conference student councils, 2 zone conferences and one middle level conference. I LOVE STUDENT COUNCIL!