Friday, May 15, 2009

To My Husband

Dear Prince Charming,

I've waited a long time to find to you. You've been on my mind for what seems like forever. I think about you constantly, what kind of man you are, how our life together will be. And you know what? It makes me so happy! Because I just know that you're everything I'll ever want. I can't wait to start our forever together.


So I feel like I need to thank you. Thank you for keeping yourself clean and waiting for me. I've always dreams of being taken to the Temple by a worthy priesthood holder, and now, here you are! Also, thanks for being willing to put up with me for Eternity. I know it won't be easy. I can be a difficult person sometimes but as time goes on, things will get easier, I'm sure of it.


Now there are some things I should warn you about. First of all, I'm a disorganized pack rat. I'll do everything in my power to make our house one of order, but I'm not making any promises. Also, when I get really excited about things, I get a tad obsessive. So don't be worried if I start freaking out about something little, it will pass. Thirdly, you should know that I have quite a temper that is really easy to flare. My death stares have been known to kill. (Pun intended.) I'll do my best to not get mad at you but again, no promises. Well there are many more things I should warn you about, but I think I'll let you discover those one your own.


Charming, I know our marriage won't be perfect. Whose is? We're not always going to agree. We'll probably fight once in awhile, maybe more than that. But we'll work through the hard times, and our relationship will get that much stronger. No matter what happens, I promise that I will always love you. I promise to be a good mother to our children, (I really want a big family!) I promise to cook for you, do your laundry and keep your house as functional as possible. (Notice how the word "Clean" is not mentioned.)


If it's just the two of us, I don't know how long our love will last. But, lucky for us, we have someone else on our side. If we always rely on the Lord, if we do what our leaders ask and if we love the Lord more than ourselves, we should be just fine. He will help our love to grow and flourish and I know that we'll be very happy.


I love you with all my heart,
Natalie Rose
(Your Princess)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie Rose. You don't have to wonder what kind of man your husband is. You'll attract the man with the same type of qualities you have... so that means all of the great qualities you have, your husband will have too!!

Something Marvellous said...

Very cute - I love this!

Anonymous said...

I have so much hope for your future---letters like these are the kinds to be re-read lots of times. They help keep perspective.

Nancy Face said...

What a cute and wonderful letter this is! It's so good to focus on your most important goals for the future! :)

Shayla said...

Oh sweet Ratalie :) You remind me SO much of myself as a teenager, and I definitely found my Prince... and got a good jump start to that big family you're talking about :) This is so beautiful & you have your head on perfectly straight. Simply impressive. Enjoy your years before you do meet your Prince Charming, have fun but prepare to become his queen. Love this!

{PS I'm also lovin you right now because I'm hearing, from your playlist, you're a Kris Allen fan!!!}

Cherie Mom said...

What a completely charming letter :D

You are on a good path Natalie Rose and your Prince Charming will definately be on that path if you stick to it!

You are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Just about the sweetest and most adorable thing I've read all week. :) Charming is a lucky man. :D
-Doride :)