Sunday, May 31, 2009

If I Could Write a Letter To Me

Dear Future Natalie,
Greetings from the past! At this moment in time, you are 16 years old. It's the summer before your junior year. You love to sing, talk, flirt, eat and blog! You have a plan for your life, did it happen? Are you the 3rd grade teacher you thought you'd be? Are you married to Prince Charming and raising your babies? Or did you go on a mission first? The 16 year old you has thought about that....only time will tell.

Being a sixteen year old girl, you naturally are quite....how do I put this....
BOY CRAZY.
You have lots of crushes.....
But the boy that truly has your heart is your nephew Warren, who just turned six yesterday.


You also adore his sisters, Abigail, Avery and Madeleine Rose.



You probably have several more nieces and nephews now.... I'm sure you're still playing with them and acting like a nut!

You start summer school tomorrow. You're not happy about it, but it'll be worth it come fall. If you don't take history now, then you can't do student council, and we both know how much you want to do that! Also, this summer you're going to be participating in ASU Star Talk program. For two weeks in July you'll be living in the ASU dorms. In the morning, you'll be learning the chinese language, and in the afternoon and evening, you'll be learning about the culture! You're VERY excited! Ever since you went to Paris, you've wanted to learn about the world around you and about the way other people live.

You have several mottos that you live your life by:


"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Go big or go home."

"Love it or Hate it, its your life. Live it."

I'll see you in the mirror in a couple years,
Natalie

12 comments:

Emily said...

oh natalie, always 16 going on 35, you have always been years ahead of your real age. remember to enjoy being 16, it goes by extremely faasssttt so enjoy bein a teen!! enjoy the moments!!!

● C E L I N A ● said...

how funny. You will look back on this and smile.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for your summer plans! That sounds amazing. PLEASE keep us posted on it as much as you can!

Jen Sue Wild said...

What a great note to self..

CB said...

Natalie you have a great outlook on life already - I cannot wait to see how it all turns out.

BTW I totally thought your nephew was maybe your brother -He looks so much like you!! What cuties you BOTH are!!

What are you doing this summer besides summer school??

Ann Marie said...

Holy Moly.. You have such wisdom for a 16 year old.. and I can't believe all of the stuff you are going to do.. You go girl!

I was a boy-crazy girl too!
It's fun... your 16.. it's ok.

I love your quotes, and I'm SURE your going to be good at whatever you do!

Shelby Lou said...

i might just steal this idea from you to write a blog. i love this!! you are awesome!!

Chloe said...

Are you going to study Chinese!! Wow!! I'm studying Japanese, but my cousin is studying Chinese too! And he has lived in Taiwan! He's my hero!
I'm glad you have all these plans for this summer! Hope you have a great time!! and keep posting!! Please!

Laynee said...

You seem so much older than 16 when you write things like that! I just can't believe you are going to try Chinese! Good luck! (Although I am sure you won;t need it!)
And by the way, thanks for the little hint on Sunday at the fireside. I had no idea when to come off the stand... Thanks!

Shayla said...

AWESOME! I ♥ you & your sweetness! I totally used to write letters to my future self in my journals when I was 16 {that was 9 years ago!} and it is amazing reading them and seeing that I really DID accomplish {almost} everything I wanted, especially the babies :)

-We moved from Mesa last July, so we make as many visits as possible! Yeah, definitely hotter than 85 there!-

Anonymous said...

once again, you rock!
good luck with all of your plans. time goes by so quick and there is a whole wide world (aside from boys :)) to discover! enjoy every youthful, exciting moment!
peace!!!
from,
your anonymous reader :)

Geevz said...

Ni how mah? Good luck with the Chinese. Your pops will be so proud. That is sooooo awesome! I love this idea. So much so that I made all of my kids do it the last day of school. I doubt that any of them were half as insightful.