Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Date, Two Dares, and an Internal Bruise???

Tuesday night was Fabulous! Two of my girlfriends and I decided to plan a triple date! We did a progressive dinner which started with Salad at Susannah's house. We also did a game at every house. The first one was How Well Do You Know Your Date. And ALL the boys won!
So at the next house, Katie's, the boys got to eat their scrumptious spaghetti first!
Then we played Apples to Apples and headed to my house for.........
PIZOOKIES and swimming!!!
And that is when we started a ridiculous game of
Team Truth or Dare.
Basically the truth option became void and you HAD to a dare with your date.
Well let me just say that Tyler and I got the WORST of the dares.
But before I tell you about the first dare, here's a little background information.
My dear friend Tyler and I met in Karate. He was the only boy who would actually try and fight me. All the other boys didn't want to hit a girl. But Tyler WOULD NOT be beat by a girl. So naturally he kicked my trash every time we fought. And I loved it! How was I supposed to get better if no one would try???
Exactly.
So anywho, the other boys on our date, Jacob and Sam, knew this. So all night they'd been bugging us to fight each other. And when it was our turn to do a dare they got their chance. They made us get out of the pool, get on the trampoline and fight.
Take down, tap out.
I looked at Tyler and was like
"Let's just get this over with."
So within 15 seconds he had me down and in a choke hold.
Like an
"I can't breathe, let go or I'll die choke hold!"
As we got back in the pool I was doing my best to breathe normally and not cry...
And I suceeded!
No tears!
I'm a tough girl!
PSH!

Anywho, too soon, we had to do a dare again.
And it was ridiculous.
"Act out the balcony scene of Romeo and Juliet."
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
Nope.
They weren't.
So there we were, me on top of our slide with Ty on the diving board, confessing our love to each other in Old English.
Sam and Jacob scripted us.
Me: Tyler Oh Tyler, thy muscles are rippling.
Ty: Natalie Oh Natalie, thy beauty is comparable to the moon in al its glory.
Then they spent five minutes trying to get "Romeo" to kiss me.
I could practically see the battle going on in Ty's head.
Everyone in the pool was staring shamelessly like it was a movie!
Finally, after minutes of goading, Ty leaned up and kissed me on the cheek.
It was PRECIOUS!

After everyone left, my neck was still hurting from the choke hold.
And Wednesday it was worse.
I got really paranoid, thinking I had a bruise on my neck!
AH WHAT ARE PEOPLE GOING TO THINK!!!!!!
But then multiple people told me they couldn't see anything.
Which meant that the bruise is internal...
Which is why it hurts so much!!!!
So there you have it, A Date, Two Dares and an Internal Bruise.

16 comments:

● C E L I N A ● said...

I LOVE PIZOOKIES and swimming!!!


Like LOVE LOVE pizookie and swimming.

I am jealous of this day.

Shayla said...

Oh so fun! When I was a teenager in Nor Cal. NO ONE did fun dates like that! What a cute idea! And what a fun memory to have :)

Bekah Jennings said...

To continue with Shakespeare:
"A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet..." NOT! It's got to ba a Natalie Rose or it ain't no rose at all!

Chloe said...

BAHAHAHA! Great post! and great date!!!
But... I'm sorry for your neck.
btw, what are pizookies?

Susannah Jane said...

That date was pretty sweet! You and Tyler were so cute! (Especially the kiss!!!!!)What was up with the wrestling that night? First you got the beat down, and then I had to Indian Leg wrestle with Jacob?

Ann Marie said...

What is a pizookie? Please share!

What a fun post to read.. I loved the Romeo and Juliet act.
But.. What happened to the truth or dares that were "go in the closet and kiss for 5 minutes.. "

Well.. Maybe these days ARE better!
LOL

Hope your neck heals. :(

Emily said...

gotta love high school boys!! glad you had a fun date. love you sis.

Ann Marie said...

Your comment on Laurens Blog was so sweet! Love ya!

AmyK said...

What a story! Sheesh! haha Hope your neck is okay!

Whitney said...

Yes my mom goes by Mimi. She says Grandma sounds old. Fun date idea!! Nat... do you wish there was more than just a peck on the cheek?

☂niki. said...

i'm pretty sure i never didn't anything as fun as that when i was dating...

way to go.

Unknown said...

That sounds like you had a lot of fun! I wish my friends and I would have been that clever when I was a teenager :o)

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

NOODLE!!!! oh my gosh you are crazy still to this day and i love it! hope your are doing great... i love pizzookies too!

HeatherPride said...

Sounds like a good time! That dessert looks awesome. I've never heard of a pizookie before!

Geevz said...

That sounds like an awesome date! What a fun idea!

Nancy Face said...

What a super fun date! (All but the bruise on the interior of the neck!)

Yum, now I want a Pizookie! :D