Monday, July 6, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T


The older I get, the more I come to respect different kinds of people.
Here's a list I thought about today during summer school.
Types of People that RatalieNose Has the Utmost Respect For
(Camille, you're the english major, should the "has" in the title above be capitalized?)
*Note: It's not that I don't respect other types of people, these are just some that stand out to me*
1. Single parents
2. Members of the armed forces
3. Teachers (especially those of Jr. High notoriety)
4. Parents and siblings of individuals with special needs
5. People who dedicate their lives to helping and teaching those with special needs
6. People who are willing to stand out from the crowd
7. Individuals who do what they want to do, not neccesarily what their siblings do.
8. People in the food service industry (but mostly I pity the poor souls)
9. Women authors who stood out in their time, ie: Lousia May Alcott, Harriet Beecher Stowe ect.
10. (And I just thought of this one today) People who write history text books!!!!!
Do you realize how much goes into those things???
It's ridiculous!!!
What kinds of people do you have respect and admiration for???

4 comments:

AmyK said...

Stepmoms who survive this gig. THAT is who I admire a heck of a lot! 'Cause GEEEEEEEZE this is a tough job!

I've thought of that before, too, about history textbooks. It must be a seriously grueling job. And they have to get their facts straight, too! That's a lot of pressure! Yikes!!


oh, and thanks for the bloggy award/meme thing... I'll get around to it eventually, bahah! I promise I'm not ignoring you :]

☂niki. said...

I respect people who are who they are, when ever and where ever they are.

Ha, look at that! I just made a little ditty.

I love when someone isn't afraid to be them self and doesn't try too hard to impress others.

Unknown said...

hey Natalie!
Thanks for the comment! It was my first time at Lomia and I really loved it. We camped in tents in my girls camp days.

I love love love this list! I really don't know how people dedicate their lives to kids with special needs. I don't think I could do it. It is not that I don't love them, I just never know what to do and I feel horribly awkward...so I highly respect those that do.

I would add police officers...seriously they totally don't get enough love.

History books=ultimate love!

CB said...

Wow How did I miss this post it is a great topic!
Respect is so important and it is something really lacking in many people these days!
I love your list and agree but also if everyone would just respect their neighbors, their friends and their families the world would be a better place!