Thursday, July 16, 2009

Looking For The Moments That Shine on July 16th, 2009

If I've learned anything in my short 16 years of life, its this:
The two best ways to get through a hard situation are
Prayer and Gratitude!
So it's time to put those into action! Instead of dwelling on all the negative things I'm going to make a list of the things I'm grateful for!
Moments that Shine
1. My amazing mother letting me keep her cell phone while I'm away from home!
2. My temperpedic pillow and mattress cover that allow me to sleep comfortably!
3. Free internet access!
4. I got to eat Taco Bell today!
5. My face has been clearing up lately!!
6. My big sister Bekah letting me raid her closet! (Half the clothes I brought with me were hers!!)
7. Combine 5 and 6 and you get 7.
I'm not going to lie, I've been looking pretty foxy lately!
I look in the mirror and I'm like
"Wow there is a cute teenage girl under there!"
8. Already got my homework done! Now I just have to study for my quiz and prepare for my oral presentation!
9. Air conditioning! In my dorm, in the MU, in the classes!!!
(Even if walking outside feels like stepping into an oven!!)
10. I am alive, healthy and I have the Holy Ghost to help me get through each and every day!!!
Wow!
It's like I didn't even realize how blessed I was!
Then I made my list and things just kept pouring out!!!!
So there it is folks, when you feel like you have it rough, say a prayer and then
Look For The Moments That Shine!

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Love that you counted your blessings! You are such a good girl, and I LOVED your list! I was happy reading it! Love U!!

Geevz said...

You are so cool. And BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad that you can write number 7, because that is the first step to other people thinking you are beautiful too

Emily said...

Being away from home is difficult but such a great growing experience. Im so glad you get to do something like this, and im proud of you for doing it. way to look at the things that shine, especially yourself. Natalie you are a beautiful girl. don't ever think otherwise. love you. see you in 10 weeks!

Sprite's Keeper said...

It's always good to read about someone who has her priorities straight and gives thanks for everything. Have a great time!

Aidan said...

Natalie (or should I say Ratalie),

Ah, my dear, what a wonderful way to show what God has done for you! Love the blog (this is Aidan, by the way, not some random guy who just saw you).

I have to confess I'm looking forward to hanging out soon...I'll DEFINITELY be the taller one. Do I hear bragging rights, anybody?

The Twilight Series is part of your favorite books list...tsk, tsk. We'll have to change that. If you're looking for good books (as the blog indicates) I'd suggest 1984, Fahrenheit 451, anything Sherlock Holmes, the Bible...

Sorry for the length of the post. I tend to get a little long-winded. Talk to me dahling; my email is my FULL name (first and last, no caps, no spaces) @yahoo.com. Have fun in Chinatown (oops, is that politically incorrect?)

Love,

Aidan

Nancy Face said...

You're so awesome! :)