Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Experience That Every Teenage Girl Should Have

Yesterday, I was at my sister Bekah's house, cleaning and getting it ready for them to come home on Friday. I didn't have any music, and silence makes me nervous, so I turned on their wedding video just for some noise. For part of their video, they did a segment where the video guy would ask Andy a question about their love story and then he'd ask Bekah the same question and it was super funny to hear how different they each answered. But the thing that really caught my attention was how happy they both sounded. This was seven years ago, mind you. And now through the years they've found even more happiness through their four beautiful children. So I was thinking about this and how they were able to obtain such happiness. And I realized something. It's because they deserved it. Bekah and Andy have both lived their lives in such a manner that their happiness was inevitable. Their marriage was such a beautiful and joyful thing because they knew that through their dilligence and obedience, that it can last forever. So as I'm sitting in their house listening and having these thoughts, it was a huge boost for me. A way to refocus myself. I know that I want to have everything that Bekah has one day, and to do that I need to live the way she did. Doing the little things and the big things that'll bring true happiness. So like I said in the title of this post, every teenage girl should have the experience of witnessing the love their older siblings have for their spouses. Especially for me, I worship the ground my siblings walk on. Since I was little, I've always wanted to be just like them. And they've all set wonderful examples, worth following.

I'm so grateful for them and for the wonderful people they married. When I get married, I'm gonna have a hard time finding someone as wonderful as Andy, Miranda and Brett. But I know that if I continue to choose the right and do the little things, then I can become the kind of person worthy of Prince Charming.

And that is what I plan on doing.

9 comments:

Jen Western said...

You are so thoughful! I tried to email you this, but I don't know if it went to you...I am doing great!! We bought a house at the end of March that was totally trashed, and it has been a lot of work fixing it up. We are in 25th ward. It is finally starting to come together, but just starting. Being married if fabulous!

What grade are you going to be in? I can not believe how old you are!!!

Emily said...

oh natalie how old are you? seriously? love you! we are so lucky to have the family we have arent we?!!

CB said...

That was a beautiful post Natalie.
You DO indeed have a wonderful role model in your sister.
You hit the nail on the head too - they have lived in such a way as to deserve the happiness that they have.
Wonderful!

AmyK said...

Aw, sweetness! I'm sure you'll find someone. I don't know you all that well, not at all outside the blogosphere--but from what I can tell I think you deserve it.

Kristin said...

Beautiful! This post and you. Even though you might not think so, I'm sure your siblings look up to you too, in so many ways

● C E L I N A ● said...

That is cool that you sister is such a great roll model.

and she has cute little kids.

LEWIS LOVERS said...

oh my little Nat! We love you more than you know!

Nancy Face said...

I love this! :)

Melly Mel said...

Such a cute post. I love the orange Scarf. My favorite picture is the one of you kissing that baby! ADORABLE.