Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Little Piece of Heaven


Last night, I stepped out of the SRC after a satisfying workout, and what was there to meet me??
A beautiful downpour of rain!!!!!
As other people were rushing to get out of it, I took my shoes and socks off and proceeded to stroll back to my dorm.
Singing and walking as slowly as I could I still reached my destination all too soon.
Not wanting to miss out on the majesty that is an Arizona rain storm, I sat myself on a bench and enjoyed the wet goodness for a good 15 minutes.
And in those 15 minutes I was truly able to feel of my Heavenly Father's love for me.
How people can feel rain on their face and not believe that there is a God is beyond my mental capacity!
As I sat there, feeling the rain beat down upon me, I felt an innate calm, a peace that I haven't had in a long time and I truly was able to enjoy
A Little Piece of Heaven.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm loving your cute inspirational posts. and I especially LOVE rain! it's so important to notice the small happy things in life. Heavenly Father truly loves us :)

Emily said...

cute background! i love the rain to, it rains here a lot and is cool but it is different from arizona rain... i miss it.

Susannah Jane said...

What an amazing post! I felt the same way at efy! We were walking out of an inspirational testimony meeting and it was raining! It was awesome!

Nancy Face said...

This was beautiful! :)

Alexa Mae said...

Loved this! I would love to just sit and enjoy the rain. Yummy! Have you ever heard some people say that they think rain is what Heaven smells like??

Jen Sue Wild said...

I hart you..
You said the so wondefully.