Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SkIpPeR

Alyssa.
Otherwise known as Skipper.
Or ABCD.
Or Alyssa Borkus Corkus Dorkus.
Or Alyssa the Babe. Alyssa turns 17 today.
She's old.
Alyssa and I have a....complex relationship.
As we've gotten older, it's simplified and solidified.
But back in Jr. High...one day we'd be friends, the next, enemies.
I guess you could've called us Frenemies.
The reason for all the hostility?
Alyssa and I are VERY similar.
In COMPLETELY different ways.
We both have extremely strong personalities and for several years we clashed terribly.
But their are two sides to every Love-Hate relationship.
As angry and annoyed and sad that she made me, I've always loved Lyssa dearly.
She's one of those people who you can't help but love.
She's as unique as they come.
Alyssa is one of the most talented people I've ever met.
She's a math genius, an athletic goddess and is a Super Sightreader.
She's also one of the most confident people I've ever met.
She knows exactly who she is and isn't afraid to show it.
I've learned alot from my years of friendship from Alyssa:
1. How to wrap a toilet seat with saran rap.
2. How to handle jerk face boys.
3. How to appreciate thick hair.
4. What cute butts and rockin' bods REALLY look like.
5. How to be an amazing friend.
Some favorite Lyssa memories:
1. Trying to outsing each other in Encore.
2. 1st hour Chemistry
3. Planning her life about six and a half million times
4. Drawing pictures of her life
5. Spreading rumors about her.
(With her permission of course!)
Another thing I truly admire about Alyssa is her amazing testimony and love of the Gospel.
Standing at around 5 foot 4, she's a true Spiritual Giant.

We laugh, we fight.

We love, we hate.

We glare, we grin.

We are Alyssa and Natalie.

I sure do love ya girl.

Happy 17th!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks Nat. That really is just what I needed right now. I'm glad the pictures of me got better as time went on...And I make the best excited face in the world. Love you lots!

Lyssa

CB said...

I can see why you have so many good friends!

Ann Marie said...

Everyone of my Bff's and I all hated each other before we became close. Weird? Yes.. but true!

Happy Birthday to your friend! :)

Laynee said...

Yes, you are right Alyssa is Awesome!
And, with some of my best friends, we fought way too much before we got as close as we are. So weird.

Nancy Face said...

You're such a good friend! :)