Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cousins By Nature, Best Friends By Choice

Yes, that is the story of mine and Mary's lives.
I love everything about this girl.
Together we've laughed, cried, gotten in and out of trouble and basically lived and loved life.
Tomorrow is her sweet 16!!!
I seriously don't think I can put into words how much I love and adore this girl...
But I'm gonna try.
I think the pictures will help.
Mary and I can be "Special" together.
She's always good for a good time!!
Nothing is too weird for her!
She makes me laugh, even when all I want to do is frown.
She's not afraid to be Mary.
You know how in some friendships, the roles are easily defined?
One person is the hero, the others the sidekick?
With us, that is so not the case!
It varies, keeps us on our toes!
We're both the Queen's of Pasta
We've been there for each other through everything.
And I do mean EVERYTHING!

Mary forces me to be social, especially on those days when I want to become a hermit and never come out.
I can't count the number of times I've called her up and said "I need you."
Always, she's there within minutes.
I love her honesty.
I can always depend on her to tell me exactly what's going on.
I love how Mary puts 100% into EVERYTHING she does.
With her, nothing goes half-done.
I've made plenty of mistakes, some of which could've cost me her friendship, but she's always been the epitome of forgiveness!
While I was at Chinese camp this summer, her texts and phone calls were what got me through the madness!
We're so similar, and yet so different.
I love how we both love making weird connections between things and remember dates that things happen. It seems that we're always thinking and saying the same things.
I love how we're like the minis our twin mothers.
Happy 16th Birthday Mary!
I don't know what I'd do without you!
Love ya more than ya know!!

7 comments:

Laynee said...

Natalie- that was so sweet! I have people like that in my life and I am so grateful for them!
And, you are right- Mary is so amazing!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tribute to a good friend. Good, true friends are really hard to come by. I hope you always cherish them.

Alexa Mae said...

you two are beauties!! i loved this. its so good to have a bff that a relative. i have a few of those two. love ya!

Melly Mel said...

You are so cute. I totally know where those pictures were taken. I use to live in Arizona. I love how much you love life. That was sweet what you did for your friend Mary.
Also, that picture on your header is adorable! I love it!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

tutu tooo cute!!!

☂niki. said...

this was so cute! what a cute friend and cousin you are!

i love mary. she is so cute.

i remember being at a yw stake softball game, sitting next to julie and she pointed you out and told me that you were her niece(and how she was just like you when she was younger). the first thing i said was, "oh, her and mary look alike." little did i know you two were so close.

Nancy Face said...

Love the pictures! Mary and her whole family are awesome, and so are you! :)