Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grandpa Reg

As I mentioned before, my grandpa on my dad's side passed away on Monday.
He's been really sick for awhile now so we're happy that he's out of his pain.
Grandpa was truly an amazing man.
He's the perfect example of changing for the better and helping others change their lives. Some favorite grandpa memories:
*"Awful Waffles" every Sunday morning session of general conference.
Don't be fooled by the name, they're probably the best tasting waffles ever!
*Having him at every family event. From baby blessings, to mission calls to weddings he was always there!
*"Reg"isms
*Going to see the Nutcracker!
*Playing piano at his wedding!
I miss you Grandpa!
I can't wait to see you again and hear you say
"Hey darlin" or "Hey sugar"
Love you!

Thanks Bekah for the pictures!

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know about this! I am soooo sorry!
Isn't it a comfort to know that we can be reunited with our loved ones again. I don't understand how people can make it through certain trials without that knowledge..

Your Grandpa is sporting quite the abs! I bet he was a popular guy back in the day too!

I love those Romantic black and whites. It takes me back to a time that I long for...

Now I'm in the mood for some yummy waffles..

Melly Mel said...

Such nostalgic pictures! i love it!
so cute.

ps you should check out greg laswell. you would like his music.

TuTu said...

Thank you, Nat.

JHL

CB said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa but glad he is out of pain.
You have wonderful memories of him and that is so neat.

Don't you love the young pictures. He looks like he was quite studly.

I love that he said "Hey Sugar" when he talked to you - Seriously sweet!