Tuesday, September 15, 2009

High School Horrors #3

So I was sick all day yesterday.
Ten minutes into seminary and I knew that school was out of the question.
So I missed all day Monday, and I'll also miss all day Friday for my Grandpa's funeral
(post to come)
If you can recall from the first installment of High School Horrors, my schedule this year is not one that allows many absent days.
So missing school today (Tuesday) was not an option.
My mom convinced me to sleep through A hour so I started my day off with Trig.
I'm taking a quiz and suddenly
all Hell begins to break loose in my body again.
I hastily ask if I can step outside and begin gagging and coughing.
Gagging and coughing inevitably lead to throwing up what little I had in my stomach.
And who happens to mosey on over about this time???
None other than Mr. Gates.
The foxy assistant principal on whom I have a HUGE crush.
"Natalie?"
BLAST him for knowing my name!
"Are you okay?"
"Y-y-yes, I'm fine.
"You need to go to the nurse."
"No really I can't go home I can't miss any more sch-
*insert vomiting noise here*
Yeah. Real convincing Nat.
"I'll call you in to the nurse."
Can I just say that I HATE school nurses??
It's like they're purposely mean so you won't come back!
So anywho, after getting my stuff and trying to ignore the stares I slowly make my way to the nurses office where she proceeds to snap at me and make me feel about two inches tall.
After taking my temperature (which was only about a 97) and listening to my sob story about not missing school, she orders me to lie down until second hour.
So all day long I meander around feeling like a truck ran over me 87 times.
In Anatomy, my pregnant teacher made me feel like a leper that was going to contaminate the world.
In choir, due to my not having a voice, I sat there like an idiotic mute.
All in all, not one of my greatest days at Westwood.

10 comments:

Geevz said...

Oh Thadeus, such a kind soul. You should have just stayed home. And yes, school nurses are no bueno. I get the whole be mean thing so kids won't fake. But since the cell phone, kids just call their parents themselves or ditch. They can be nice now if they would just break the habit.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Aw. Mr. Gates. He IS a fox! I am sorry you were barfing in front of him :(

Stay home next time, silly.

Shelby Lou said...

sorry you had such a bad day! i hope you start to feel better soon. School Nurses suck! SRSLY

✩Molly✩ said...

Sounds like quite a balmy day.

Thinking back, I dont think I ever went to the Nurse in HS, as I would just choose not to attend at all, when ill. Though, as I think I have mentioned on several occasions, i was an accademic slacker, all through highschool.

IN jr high and elementary schools I lived in the Nurses office, favorite place to be, hands down. Any way to avoid work, for me I suppose.

CB said...

I think nobody wins if you have to go to school sick. Teachers need to give you a break if you are throwing up for heaven's sake! Sorry you had a bad day.
Feel better soon!

TLC said...

AWWWW my poor Nat! !! ! I feel your pain girl...I FEEL YUR PAIN!

When I went to the doctor Monday...and I was like you; a ticking bomb waiting to expload from my nose to my toes!!! Everyone gave me the evil eye like "oh NO you don't...not on me with your bad germs! !! !" SO I purposely blew my nose and sneezed a ba-zillion times just because i could see it annoyned them! HA!

ANYWHO dearie...I HOPE your feeling better! And I'm so sorry that the hot guy Mr. Gates had to witness that! Well, the two hot missionaries had to come over with my home teacher tonight to give me a blessing and let me just say I am 1000% NOT a pretty site right now either.

I'll be thinking of you hun! Will be two rebel sisters in the fight against "sick-nasty-ness" LOL

Luvs & Soup....T.

Nancy Face said...

Wow, what a horrible NOT good day!

So sorry you're sick, and I'm very sorry your grandpa passed away.

Anonymous said...

My poor, sweet, make-up-wearing, baby! I swear I was just changing your diaper! hee hee...is that weird?? I flippin love you!

Emily said...

ugh you like mr gates? are you kidding me natalie??!!!
p.s. stop being lazy and move the couch!!! hahaha

Christina Eve Lewis said...

By the way, that last comment was from me..not sure why it says anonymous. I want to make sure everyone knows I used to change your diapers! :)