Monday, November 9, 2009

Ups and Downs

I've got two hard tests tomorrow, so I'll keep this brief.
Today was a LONG day.
At school by 6:30 for seminary, worked all through lunch and after school then went straight to SIAC making my total hours at school 11.
Why????
Two words:
Blood. Drive.
It's on Thursday, and since we don't have school Wednesday, everything has to be done by tomorrow.
Pray for me.
(Btw, if anyone in Mesa wants to give blood, stop by Westwood on Thursday from 8:30-12:30! Or leave me a comment and I can schedule you an appointment.)
Now for the high point in my day:
I made Cantori!!!!
For years at Westwood, it was a tradition to have an extra choir of 16 called
Cantori de Madrigals.
It consisted of four people from each part. They sing mostly a cappela pieces and get to sing at the concerts and other performances in the community. They stopped the choir as a class several years ago but Mr. Harris decided to bring it back this year!!! Any members of honor choir interested just signed up and he chose four from each part. I was worried because almost ALL the altos signed up, but he posted the list today and my name was on it!!!
I'm super excited!!!

8 comments:

Laynee said...

School is so stressful! But, that's good news with choir! You are ana amazing singer, you totally deserve it!

Ann Marie said...

Whoo-hoo! Congrats on the choir!
Now that Glee is popular.. it brings a whole new FUN to choirs in HS I'm sure!!

I hated TESTS. I am NOT a test taker. Good luck girlie.

Whitney said...

Of course you made it. I trained you. Ha ha. kinda? Anyways I was reading the post about homecoming.... are you dating this Alex kid? You make a fine couple.

RatalieNose said...

No I am not dating Alex.
His girlfriend is actually a dear friend of mine!

TLC said...

WaHOOOO! I know how good it feels when you see your name on "that list" and it's awesome! I'm so proud...I could cry...
Excuse me while I dab my eyes...

Okay, I'm back! Still proud!!!!
Also, thank you thank you for your awesome list on my B-day! I LOVE ya!


I wanna know who you asked to winter formal????????? Spill it!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What an honor!

And, good luck on the blood drive.

Geevz said...

Congrats! You must have some major singing chops. And despite the fact that your family has musical ability, I whole hearted acknowledge that you have probably worked very hard to be where you are. AWESOME job! And your blood drive will be smooth and awesome. They were some of my favorite days. Just concentrate on the movies and free cookies and that you are not in class.




*reading over my comment I think it might be misinterpreted. I'm going for the anti-"You're a Lewis, of course you are naturally an amazing musical genius" and more the "You fully deserve it because you rock and work hard." I hope you get the gist.

Emily said...

congrats lovey!!! i knew you would!! and i want to donate blood on thursday morning. make it happen.