Friday, November 20, 2009

A Question, an Answer, and a...Cake to the Face????

Well, 62% of you were correct:
I asked Tyler to Winter Formal!
I needed a fun way to ask him so Abigail and Avery graciously agreed to help out their Aunt Nat!!!
They sang Jingle Bells and gave him a cake with
Winter Formal???
written on it.
Baked into the cake were the letters of my name.
My handy-cake decorating skills!

This is what happens when obnoxious boys are around!

What a good sport!!!
Thanks Mary for the pictures!!!
I was so sad I had to wait in the car!!!

Well, the story doesn't end there.
A week later, I'm at the church for mutual and a girl from my stake walks in saying
"Natalie, this is for you"
And hands me a container full of ice cream and a paper that says
"I'd love to be the ice cream with your cake, but first you need to thaw me out."
So I put it under hot water and dug through the ice cream till I found a ziploc bag with a paper inside that was blank except for "fire" in little letters.
So I took it home, burnt it and the letters
"Y-E-S"
showed up!!!
(He used lemon juice.)
Happy Day!!!

What else is happy???
I'm going to see New Moon in one hour!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!

8 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh, that is sooooo cute!
Wow, I should use that......Oh, wait nevermind...I've been out of high school for )(*&(%^*&% years.

Maybe I'll give that idea to my grandkids for when they get old enough.

Chloe said...

OOhh! That's so cute!! I'm happy for you!!
I went to see New Moon too!!
And you already know what happened yesterday when I went to the theater... :)))

Maureen said...

That's cute. I wish I would have come up with clever little things like that in high school. Would have made it a ton more fun.

AmyK said...

Good grief, what, do all the super-cool-fun-ideas people live within a small radius of you?! NOt fair! But so so fun and cute and all that happy stuff.

Ann Marie said...

Way cute ideas you both had!
He is a cute-cute kid!
What fun you will both have!!

I'm sure You LOVED the movie. Your Jacob did VERY well! YAY for you!
Woot-Woot!!

CB said...

He is a a good looking boy Natalie! Good job!!
I love the way you asked him and his answer - So clever!
Hope you loved New Moon - I got the fever!!

Geevz said...

50pts for creativity, 100pts for good sport, and another 100pts for being good looking. I miss you. Christmas break hang out?

Nancy Face said...

I love how you asked, and I love how he answered! YAY! :D