Saturday, August 22, 2009

Either He's Bad Luck, or I'm Just An Accident Waiting to Happen

Remember this post??
Well if not, quick recap:
I went on a date with Tyler at the beginning of the summer and came home with an internal bruise on my neck.
Well last night, I went on another date with Tyler and came home with a bump on the back of my head.
Maybe Emily's right and I do need a helmet!!!
We were having an Ultimate Chicken Fight in my pool and I was on Ty's shoulders.
It was between us and one other couple, they backed us into the steps and pushed.
I hit my head HARD on the step.
So now I have a fun little bump that makes it so I have to sleep sideways.
Awesome.
Despite that, the date was SO SO FUN!!!!
We started out with a race at Frys to see who could get dinner for under $10, then we went to a park to eat. Since we weren't allowed to cook or heat anything up,Ty and I bought a HUGE sandwich that was seriously bigger than my head.
So we were at the park eating on a blanket when it starts POURING rain!!! Everyone started rushing to the ramada, but I wanted nothing more than to just sit there and enjoy it.
But Ty insisted that we save the food.
So we did, then we frolicked.
No joke.
We walked, skipped and ran around the park, doing cartwheels and acting like children while everyone else laughed at us.
NOBODY appreciates rain like I do.
Our frolicking was put to an aprupt end when the water balloon fight started.
Yes, a water balloon fight in the rain.
Pointess.
But amazing!!!
After the fight we found the remains of our mammoth sandwich all around the park.
Dang wind!!
But thankfully, the Ben and Jerry's was safe!!!
Then a muddy game of Sushi Tag began ending with us all covered in wet grass from head to toe.
The night ended with a Taco Bell run and two hours of swimming in our clothes.
Nights like that, make being a teenager bearable!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun. And so many inside jokes that came out of one night...

Lyssa

Shelby Lou said...

that sounds like so much fun. i would love to do that! am I too big of a kid? seriously... that sounds great!

Unknown said...

Just saw your news flash about needing a good book. Have you read "The Mortal Instruments" series by Cassandra Clare? SOOOO good. Also read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Amazing. OK, um, that's all.

Chloe said...

I'm so happy for you!! (except for the bump!)
It seems you had a great date!!! YAY! :)

Emily said...

so fun, i remember playing in the rain on westwoods football field senior year witha bunch of people. we made a slip n slide with the table and broke it, sorry football coach, good times though.

Ann Marie said...

I love-love that you enjoy life!
It's the play-times like these that you will always remember!

Who cares about any of the food as long as Ben and Jerry's is safe! :)

CB said...

Sounds like a total blast (well except for the head bump- ouch!) and rain - that is like a novelty where you live so I bet you do enjoy it!! Fun times!!!

Nancy Face said...

That is just AMAZING! :D