Monday, August 17, 2009

Didn't You Hear? 50's the New 30!!!!

Here at EverybodyNose, you have been introduced to some of the most amazing people on this planet. And today, you get to meet the best of the best. My mother, Janet. Seriously people, she is the most important woman in my world. I would be ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING without her and everything she does for me. Here she is with her twin, Julie (my other mom.)
Since birth, my mom has taught me everything I know.
And as I grow, it seems that life gets harder every year.
But as my life gets crazier and it seems that everything in life is changing...
She is the ONE thing that I can always count on.
Anyone whose had the privelage of meeting mom knows that she is the ultimate Pollyanna.
That woman doesn't even know the meaning of the word pessimistic.


(Btw, in the above picture, she's the sand man. Bahahah!)
One of the many things my mom has given me, is her love of music.
My dad first fell in love with her when he heard her singing Oh That I Were an Angel in church.
And seriously, her voice is angelic, and normally I can't stand sopranos, but my mom's voice is something else.

Another thing about my mom that I love watching is her relationship with her sister.
She and Julie are seriously BFFAEAE and I want my relationships with my sisters to be just like theirs.

My mom truly knows the meaning of the word Sacrifice.
She lives it, every single day of her life.
Whether it means sacrificing her sleep to wake up with a barfing child or to give up her entire life to raise seven kids, that's just the way she is.


For some people, Service, is just a seven letter word, but for mom, it's a lifestyle.
Cooking extra dinners, driving someone elses kids around or just a kind word to someone who needs it, she's always there and knows just what to do to satisfy the need.

Being a hormonally charged, emotional teenage girl, I tend to sometimes throw my mom for a loop. But it NEVER seems to phase her. She's always there with a hug, a smile and a word of encouragement.

And don't forget inspiration.
My mom could turn a conversation about a bologna sandwich into a spiritually enlightening moment.
To her, the Gospel is everything and everyday I try to live the way that she does.


I will forever be indebted to my mother for the great pains she went through to bring me into this world. You see, whe I was born, I weighed 10 lbs, 12 oz.

My body aches just thinking about it.
If mom got one cent for every kind thing she did for someone else, she would be the richest person alive.

Another thing I love about my mom are her stories.
Some of my favorites:
When she and Julie switched places in school
When Grandpa got protective about her "buns"
Basically any of the stories from the store her family used to own.


Mom has never missed an event in any of her children's lives.
She's our number one cheerleader!



Now it's so fun to watch her enter her newest phase of womanhood.
Being a grandma!
But we all knew she was too young to be called grandma so she is Tutu.
(Grandma in Hawaiian.)



Because of my mom, I know who I am, why I'm here and where I'm going.
I know that I'm a Child of God and that through obedience I can live with Him and my earth family forever.
Thank you mom for being you.
For everything you've ever done for me.
I don't tell you nearly enough just how much I appreciate and love you.
Part of it is that it just can't be expressed in words.
Happy 50th Birthday Mom!!!!
You don't look a day over 30!!!!!

18 comments:

Christie said...

Your mom is one of my most favorite people in the world. When I think about the kind of woman I want to be I always think about your mom. She is amazing. She is always happy and always willing to help others. She raised some amazing children! I hope she has a wonderful birthday!

Lindsey said...

Your mom IS wonderful. It's sweet how much you love her!

Emily said...

Happy 50th Mama! Wish I was at home with you. I second everything said here by natalie, you are amazing and reading this made me remember how blessed I am to have a mother like you. love you!

Alexa Mae said...

this was the sweetest post ever. you are a lucky girl to have such a sweet mom, especially coming out weighing 10lbs (i would die)! happy birthday to your mama!!

Kristin said...

that was so sweet and inspirational. i hope my daughters will say similar things about me someday :)

Natalie said...

awh this is tender. seriously. i d k if i love you so much because we share the same name orrr because you're 9248 times more awesome. probably both :]

Ann Marie said...

What a lovely..well written post!

I loved all of the old pictures. You look so much like your momma!

Is that your older sister in that black and white dress? It is beautiful!!

Happy Birthday to your Mom!
She's got to be great to have a sweet daughter like you!!
XO

AmyK said...

Sweet post!!

Happy birthday, Natalie's (and her sibs!)'s mom!!


I think that's too many 's. haha.

Susannah Jane said...

Ahh natalie you are so amazing! Happy birthday to your mom!

Rachel said...

I love your mom too. What a great post! She is a truly wonderful person.

Laynee said...

Your mom is seriously amazing! Everything she does is done with a smile and without complaint! Honestly, I have never seen her frown.

TLC said...

From one girl to another who loves her mom...this was fabulous
{i'm saying fabulous in a singing high pitched way}

This is a "You rock" blog moment for sure on a sweet and funny and just all of the above great post.

Moms are so very important and any woman who takes it to the soul like yours...is praise worthy indeed.

I wish you mom a very Happy Birthday!!!

CB said...

Ohhhh I loved this! What wonderful pictures but most of all what a sweet tribute to your mom!
She definately sounds like the best!! You are a lucky girl!!

Whitney said...

SO seriously YOU ALL look just like your mom. Every picture I see someone different in your family shining through. I adore your mother in every way.

☂niki. said...

so sweet! i never realized just how much you look like your mom!

Nancy Face said...

I love Janet, and Julie too! This post is wonderful and amazing, and it made me teary-eyed! It's my all time favorite of yours! :)

● C E L I N A ● said...

i LOVE old pictures. I hope someday I look back on my pictures and they look so classic, faded and important.

you were a GIANT baby, your mom must be a saint.

Christina Eve Lewis said...

I loooooooove Aunt Janet!! She s one of the most amazing women I have ever met in my entire life!(Why am I still awake? Probably bc I have to catch a flight to Az in a few...)