Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Poetry Shmoetry

Last year, for english, I had to compile 30 days of poetry into a book.
Everyday we'd learn about a different type of poem and then we'd write one in that style.
The book is made of cute scrapbook paper.
The cover is rubber duckys.
I love it!
So since I was having writer's block tonight, I thought I'd share some of my poems.
*Please don't judge! I'm a terrible poet!!*
This first one was a complete joke, please recognize that fact!
Just Because
Just because I'm beautiful
Don't be hatin
Don't be jealous
Don't be giving me crap
Just because I'm beautiful
I'm better than you
I'm happier than you
My life is easier than yours
Just because I'm beautiful
I've got rock hard abs
I wear Hollister every other day
I'm too good for you
Just because I'm beautiful, don't feel bad.
Rain
Rain tiptoes sneakily
Like Robin Hood and his Merry Men
It comes to rejuvenate
Like an energy boost for the Earth
It starts out slow
Then builds and pounds like a thousand jackhammers
Then, like magic disappearing into reality, it's gone.
My Chair
My chair has been with me through the good and the bad
It has seen me be happy, angry and sad
The chair used to be clean
Once a long time ago
But due to tears, nail polish and mascara, that simply isn't so
My chair has held me as I sat all alone
It's let me rest as I've talked endlessly on the phone
The chair and I have been through everything together
I love ite even though it's not made out of leather
In My Future
My future probably won't bring lots of wealth
But an education, life and good health
I hope that my future includes Prince Charming
Whose wit and good looks will be quite disarming
He'll find me, love me, and sweep me off my feel.
Then take me back to his castle, his parents to meet.
We'll have a large family, with lots of love
Our strength will come from the Power above
And then one day when I'm ready to die
I'll gather my children around me and say goodbye.

7 comments:

Chloe said...

My favourite one is "In My Future"! I love it!

Chloe said...

Oh, F-I-R-S-T to comment! :D

✩Molly✩ said...

I loved them! I made a poetry book in 8th grade a lot like that, and I still love to read the poetry in there, some of my best!

Susannah Jane said...

I loved those poems! P.S.Natalie you forgot a name on your poll!

Ann Marie said...

I love "my future" too!
Way to go! Your a poet!

Nancy Face said...

"Rain" is great! It describes the awesome storm we finally got last night...jackhammers! :)

Bekah Jennings said...

Um, that is actually MY chair. I read in it for literally thousands of hours in elementary, junior high and high school.