Sunday, June 21, 2009

Top 10 Things I Love About JerBear

1. The faces we make at each other during church while he's sitting on the stand.
2. His habit of writing "I love you, Dad" at the end of every email he sends me.
3. How he supports me in anything I choose to do. Whether it be dance, softball, choir, student council, whatever, he and mom are always there, my biggest fans.
4. His laugh. If you've heard it, you know why I love it. So loud and boisterous, it's just him! I'll do anything, no matter how dumb, to be able to hear that laugh.
5. His present to me for my 16th Birthday.
6. Watching him with his grandkids, or any kid for that matter. He just lights up! And they all ADORE him.
7. His funny phrases,
"Let's blow this taco stand,"
"You little cherub,"
"Get up and pee, the worlds on fire!"
8. How he has a song for EVERYTHING!
I've inherited this funny trait from him and I love it!
9. The love he has for my mom. I see it in everything he does. I've always dreamed of finding a man who loves me as much as my dad loves my mom.
10. My dad would do ANYTHING for his family. Whether it's helping his son lay sod in his front yard, or helping his other son mow lawns for money or tutoring one of his daughters in math, he's always been there for us.
I love you dad.
Happy Father's Day

9 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

What a beautiful tribute! Lucky Dad!

Shayla said...

So sweet!!
I wish I would have been liked my dad as much when I was a teenager. I was a fool.

AmyK said...

Aw, greatness! I love these Fathers Day posts I keep reading. Sure puts mine to shame! And makes me look at my own dad a little closer to see the things I appreciate about him.

Your dad sounds like a hoot!

TuTu said...

It has been a great Fathers' Day. Thank you for all you do.

I love you.

Dad

Holly Janeen said...

best list evvvveeerrrr....
i love your daddy-o... and it cracks me up times twenty that you called him JerBear.

kimmy said...

Yay for dads! I love love love your list. I tell my dad all the time I love him and am greatful for him.

Emily said...

dad really is the best dad ever. oh how i miss him.

☂niki. said...

love that pic of the two of you!

you have a great dadd-e-o!

Nancy Face said...

Your dad is awesome! I love that you call him JerBear! :D