Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Am 16 Going on 17

Always loved this scene and song!
If you haven't heard the song 16 Going on 17 from The Sound of Music,
then this post won't make much sense.
Go here to read the lyrics.
So I was thinking about this song and in it, Liesel is 16 years old and she has alot of ideas about love and life, many of them, not true. As she grows older and matures, she begins to see how she was wrong. So I thought I'd do a little exercise where I, a 16 year old, write down MY ideas about love and life, and in a few years, once I've matured a bit I'll be able to look back and see if I was right.
So without further adieu:
Natalie Rose's
Ideas About Life and Love
Age 16

I am a firm believer in true love.

Though I would LOVE to find love at first sight, I don't think its possible.

I firmly believe in the institution of marriage.

Life's what's you make it.

You can't always choose your circumstances, but you can choose how you react to them.

Boys: Can't live with them, Can't live without them.

Friends will be there for a time, Families are Forever.

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I agree for the most part!
Although.. I had a boyfriend when I met Chad and I flirted it up with Chad ( even though I shouldn't have ) and when we met.. there was just something about him.

( He is NOTHING like the other 200 guys I dated.. )

~ And the last thing.. Some of my friends have become as close to me as sisters and have been with me through so much.. I hope with all my heart I know them in Heaven too.. :)

Ann Marie said...

Sorry.. I didn't make myself so clear.. On the first question.. their was kinda love at first sight...

Chloe said...

I LOVE that song and that movie TOO!!
And I agree with you (at least for the most part)!:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your theories, but I also think that although you are with you family for eternity they won't be the only people you ever see. I take comfort in the fact that even if my friends and I go our separate ways after high school in this life, we have forever to look forward to. I also think that as you become older you become better friends with your family members, so family can be friends and in that sense you are with your friends for eternity as well. Just some thoughts.

Alyssa

Kristin said...

YOu have very similar ideas that I still do at age 20!
LOVE at first sight, maybe not. BUT Infatuation at first sight? YES. THe night I met my husband I went home and told my whole family about him and we had barely even talked! My family was like, "wha?". It's SO not like me to be infatuated without taking time to get to know someone. So anyway, my point is it can happen, but in a more infatuated way :)
You know Angela? YOu must be awesome too! haha :)

Nancy Face said...

I love The Sound of Music! :)

Your ideas are great, and I agree with much of what you had to say! :)