Tuesday, June 30, 2009

History Happiness


So as most of you know, I, RatalieNose have been taking American History this summer.
Having not taken it sophomore year, I forgot how much I like history.
This class has really gotten me thinking....

If you lived "back in the day" what kind of person would you have been???
Examples: My mom. She told me herself that she would've been a conductor on the underground railroad or would've hidden Jews in her attic during the holocaust.
Alyssa: Would've been one of the first players in the All American Womens Baseball League during World War Two.
Sammy: Would've been a daughter of a slave plantation owner who would sneak out to the slaves quarters to teach them to read and write, and give them money and food.
Julie: Would've been a tavern owner doing the Revolutionary War. Where the men had their secret meetings and signed important secret documents. She would have hidden them and been the perfect hostess.

Mary: This one needs a little explanation. During the Revolutionary War, there were two sisters who were on the American's side. But they had boyfriends who were Red Coats. So they would go into the British camp to see their boys, pick up information, and take it back to the Americans. Awesome right?? SO Mary!!!

Me: I would've been an outspoken writer who used a man's name and got published, speaking out against slavery and such and speaking for women's rights!
You can learn alot about a person from this question.
It's really brought history to life for me.
What about you?
What's your place in history?

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Id probably be a womens rights activist marching along side of Eleanor Roosevelt or hiding jews in my attic...

Geevz said...

I'm pretty sure I would have been a suffragette or fought to get woman into college or med school.

CB said...

I totally see myself as a pioneer woman living in Nauvoo!
Either that or a Princess in Versailles. Could that be more opposite?? Ha ha
P.S. I gave you an award so next time you stop by my blog pick it up!!

Anonymous said...

Well, all the other answers are completely noble. Not me. I would have been Elizabeth Bennett's best friend (I know she's fictional, but you know what I'm saying. That era.) Nothing noble for me.

Anonymous said...

Although...that's not AMERICAN history. Does it still count?

TLC said...

Hi Natalie! I really hope you don’t mind me commenting--I'm always a little worried about commenting on someone's blog I really don’t know at all---

But, this was just too cute to pass up! I love how you think of things and it's charming to come to your blog.

As for me, I would choose the titanic history event. Scary as that would seem, it's always been a piece of history that fascinates me and I would have loved to have been able tell the story as a survivor of what I saw.

Have a great week!

:: Tierra ::

☂niki. said...

i wish i knew more about history to truly answer this question.

i'm ashamed!



tell me ratalienose...what's my place in history???

Anonymous said...

You got me perfectly. You know me all too well.

Lyssa