Monday, January 4, 2010

Houston, We Have a Problem

Well I'm home!
And I had the BEST time ever!!!!
This trip was just what I needed!!!! The first night I was in Houston, just so stoked to be together again!!!

And we got a little slap happy!!

Okay I lied.... a lot!!!

The next day we all went to Galveston Texas which is perfectly beautiful!!!
It's a little beach town with a bunch of really old mansions!
I thought of my dear friend Ann Marie as we drove past them all!
Unfortuantely I didn't get pictures of any of them.
Sherlock and Watson freezing on the beach!!!




My guy, Gabe the Gorilla!

Julie with her Frog Prince, Ferdinand the Fifth.

Mamma and Pappa Dub with long faced guy.


Then we took a ferry ride across the Gulf which was so cool!!! (Literally!)

Katie Lou! My "sister!"

K, on the ferry if you hold up a piece of bread the seagulls FLOCK to it!!! And they just fly in place until you feed them!

Julie told me to do pilates on the bar to keep warm.

No comment.

I'm not gonna lie, I make a great hobo!!

Julie keeping my legs warm for me!!

The twins feeding the gulls.

This yellow ferry made me happy!


Afterwards we went to Keemah Boardwalk which is like an amusement park right on the water!
Soo fun!!!

Got our tickets for Boardwalk Bullet!

Before

After

No explanation necessary.

I felt way too comfortable behind these bars.

Whoops!


Wednesday night was the big tri-stake New Years dance and it was Sam's first one!!!

New Years in Texas is BEYOND awesome because Fireworks are LEGAL!
So everyone does them and if you stand outside it sounds like downtown Bahgdad!
For the first hour I had to convince myself that no one was gettting shot!
I'm a cheap drunk!

Our first picture in 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin's hands were cold, so she stuck them in my armpits?

Then came the dreaded car ride to the airport. :(
Yes it was 4:30 in the morning.

It was a great week!!!!!!
I'm so glad I got the chance to go!!!!!
Alyssa Reidhead
P.S.
Christmas Comment Candy just isn't going to happen this time.
Why not?
Cause I don't feel like it.
But don't worry, CC will come back when I'm in the mood.

6 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Well, it looks like you did things that were "mostly" legal.
Glad you had a blast.
Sorry you have to be back to the real world now.

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

awww...sounds like you had such a fun trip!

Ann Marie said...

I love slap-happy-silly times with my girlfriends..

It looks like your trip was Fab...
I was soo excited to see my name! Ohh.. old mansions would make me happy. Thanks for thinking of me.

You are such a fun girl!
Hope you have a good week despite the fact that your back to the real life.. school and such... :(

Anonymous said...

Jealous! No lie. I would give anything for a week with Julie. And Alyssa Reidhead is not gonna happen, we've already discussed that.

Lyss

Off-Black said...

The first pic of feeding the gulls on the ferry (12th one down) is a great shot. Nice work!

Chloe said...

Wow! I'm glad you had such a GRRRREAT TIME!
Hi Nat! I'm Chloe! and I'M BAAAACK!!Here you have my new blog address: http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com
See you!!!