Friday, January 8, 2010

Out With the Old, In With the New

(No, this collage has nothing to do with the post other than the fact that it's goofy and it makes me happy.)
It is a new year.
2010.
What's really trippin' me out is that next year is 2011.
THAT'S THE YEAR I GRADUATE.
MY LIFE STARTS IN A YEAR AND A HALF.
As exciting as that prospect is....right now, I'm going to focus on the present and the near future.
It's a new semester and some things have had to change.
Those things being my study habits.
My grades last semester left something to be desired, so I've made a commitment to put my education junk first which means less blog time.
So if I haven't commented or posted in forever, it's not that I hate you or don't love and miss your face.
It's because I'm trying to pass my classes.
Anywho....
2010 has alot to offer me!!
Auditions for Les Miserables are this coming Monday and Tuesday.I will be auditioning for the parts of
Madame Thernardier and Eponine Thernardier.
The two characters are COMPLETELY different, but I feel confident in my ability to portray both.
But if I'm being completely honest, (which I always am) Eponine is what I really want. Her songs are
OFF.THE.CHAIN.
Not to mention that it'd be fun to be tragic.
I love tragedy.
However, Madame Thernardier would be SUPER FUN as well.
So we'll just have to see!
Also this year is Girls Camp and I am a YCL 2 so I get to be more involved with the planning! I'm STOKED about my responsibility that I was given today but I don't know if I'm allowed to say anything yet...but when I get the ok I'll definately let you know!
I have finally finished my Personal Progress!!!
I will recieve my recognition in Sacrament meeting in a couple weeks because one of my family members won't be available and I need them there.
For those of you who don't know, Personal Progress is a program that all the Young Women (girls ages 12-18) participate in in my church.
There are seven values and for each one we do 6 "value projects" which usually entail reading scriptures, writing in journals etc. Then we're required to do a "ten hour project" for each value.
Basically it teaches you how to set goals and work to achieve them.
It truly is an inspired program!!!
Now that I'm done however, I'm not done done.
I'm going to be a Personal Progress "mom" for one of the girls in my ward who could use a little extra push. I'll just try to keep her motivated and check on her progress and such.
I'm so thankful for this experience and the things I've learned from it!
And the last thing that 2o1o has to offer me....
THE FINAL HUNGER GAMES BOOK COMES OUT IN AUGUST.
OH.MY.GOODNESS.
I AM IN LOOOOOOOOVE.
With the books themselves and with Peeta.
Oh the boy makes my heart sing!!!
I never thought I'd say this....
BUT I LIKE THESES BOOKS MORE THAN TWILIGHT!!!
*GASP*
I KNOW RIGHT???
You all KNOW how much I love Twilight......
So this is huge!!!!
I love the substance that these books have!
It makes my heart happy!
If you haven't read them,
GO.REPENT.NOW.
That is all.
P.S.
Please go vote on the poll on my sidebar.
It is highly imperative.

8 comments:

Chloe said...

Really??? Better than Twilight???! I have to read them!
I'm sure you'll get great grades next time!
btw, can you add my new blog to your bloglist?? Pleeaaseee?? :P
I missed you a lot!!
xoxo
Chloe

P.S.:I've already voted! :)

CB said...

Nat - You blog Mama is SO PROUD of you for earning your YW's recognition!!! That is such a wonderful acheivement!!
Les Mis is just about my favorite and I love ALL the music, sigh...It is so good! I hope you get the part!!!
I love how much fun you have, what a fun girl you are and that you have your life together - You know who you are and where you are going!!!
Have a Super Weekend!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Congrats on the Personal Progress!
I'm an old lady, but was the PP person in our YW. So I did the stuff along with the girls and I got a medallion! Awesome.
Wow, you are graduating this year. Now on to the really big stuff.
I keep hearing about the Hunger Games. I haven't read them (gasp) but I think I'm going to wait until closer to the time the last one comes out.
I hate waiting when I'm into a good series.

Jessie Lewis said...

I'm glad you read them! Was I right or what? I'm so excited for the third!

Ann Marie said...

I will miss you.. but yes.. school is more important than blogging. :)

The collage is cute. You always seem to be having fun!

I think I need to do some repenting.. not only have I not read the books, but I have never seem anything Les Mis. I know... I'm sheltered.. ha-ha..

I am so dang proud of you for earning your medallion! I too earned it as a leader.. about 7 years ago. It is a lot of work.. and what a sweet girl you are to serve others to get theirs too..

Such happy things will be in store for you and the future.. just because your such a good girl... a good friend.. and a shining example to others! XO

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

i think i might agree with you. i may, in fact, like hunger games more than twilight as well. As crazy as it is...

Christie said...

I'm surprised you are so for Peeta. I'm Team Gale. :) I love the books too! Good luck with all of the stuff you have going on. You are amazing!

Emily said...

that blows stupid kids I swear. hope your day gets better.