Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Epic In Every Sense of the Word

Well this past weekend was epic for two reasons.
We'll start with this:
I saw Titanic for the first time.
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!
Love. At. First. Sight.
There's something about watching an amazing chickflick in your pajamas with junk food and all your girlfriends!
(Plus Rusty.)
It just made it that much better!!!! Image from Here.
I will marry Jack Dawson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image from Here.
Can we just feast upon him for a moment?
Image from Here.
Now I'm torn!
Who do I love more...
Peeta Mellark or Jack Dawson????
What say you?

Now for the main event:
The Cocopah Half and Full Marathon
Yuma, Arizona
Saturday, January 23rd
After my grandpa's death in September, some of the family decided to participate in his memory for his birthday which would have been this month.
My sisters Emily and Bekah, and my Aunt Johnelle sprinting in from the Half.

Bekah's biggest fans!

I told Emily to show me what champions look like, this is what she came up with.

Em with her #1 cheerleader! Her hubby Brett!

Barely awake but ready to cheer on the fam!

Sister Sarah and Aunt Pam finishing the Half!
Bekah went back and ran the last mile with them.
Aunt Kathy and Sam ran the last couple yards as well.
Victory!

Can I just say that my dad is a stud????
The man is 53 years old and ran a FULL MARATHON IN 4 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!

My Super Sisters!!!!!!!
All the girls!
I love my family!
This was such a great event to witness!
Between the two races, we had 11 runners and ALOT of cheerleaders all wearing our red Team Reg shirts.
If you click on any of the pictures you can see the shirts better.
Under the Team Reg it says:
"Still Hangin' in There"
One of many Regisms that my grandpa was known for is this:
"I'm still working on my S.H.I.T. program."
Man I miss that guy!
Image from Here.

In other news, I missed EverybodyNose's Birthday!!!!
As of January 15th, this here blog has been alive for one year!!!
It's been a great one!
Here's to many more!!!!!

8 comments:

AmyK said...

Oh my gosh, you had NEVER seen Titanic?! What?! I'm shocked! Outraged, even!
The way you talked about Jack cracks me up, though. EVERYBODY said that when it came out! Haha! I distinctly remember that. "I'm going to marry Jack Dawson!" "No, I'M going to marry Jack Dawson!" "Well, all I know is I wouldn't have let go like Rose did!"

Aw, memories. Haha.

I'm just shocked that here it's 2010 and you hadn't seen it before! Crazy!

CB said...

First - I cannot believe you had never seen Titanic - It truly is an Epic show. I LOVED it and I still love it - watched it on TV last week. I absolutely love the end where she drops the necklace into the ocean and then seeing all the pictures.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the family run in honor of Grandpa - that is just so cool!! You have a great family and you and your sisters all look so much alike - Stinkin' cute!!

P.S. I got your comments but never an e-mail. Try again? cheriebakow@hotmail.com

Christie said...

Your family is awesome! What an accomplishment for your family.

Ok, I'm just going to admit that I saw Titanic 13 times in the theater when it came out. Yes, I was obsessed. And yes, I was going to marry Jack Dawson. :)

Geevz said...

Yay for a rocking family! And for Titanic

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think that is great that you would run in honor of grandpa. What a great family. Sheesh, was there anyone there NOT smiling. I never smile when I run.
You are so dang cute!
Happy BIRTHYDAY NOSEYBLOG!!!!

Chantel said...

Cute blog! You're so funny!

Chloe said...

Your family is great!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY both your grandpa and EverybodyNose!!
Your blog is the best!! Love it!

Maureen said...

I remember seeing Titanic in the theater. I think I was about your age. This makes me feel old.