Friday, April 24, 2009

Let the Sunshine In


Yeah.
My last post was all doom and gloom due to
"emotional sickness."
(Btw for all you Curious Cassidy's, I was having a bit of boy drama, but it's fine now)
Now its physical sickness that's getting to me.
So here I was, feeling sorry for myself when I read this.
And it inspired me to look at some of the good things in my life.

1. I, RatalieNose, was given the gift of being extremely emotional and sensitive.
Woop-de-doo right?
Wrong.
I used to see this blessing as a curse.
But the longer I live,
(lots of impact coming from a 16 year old, I know)
the more that I realize just what a good thing it is.
Though I'm not always a nice person,
I'm very sensitive to how other people are feeling.
Even if it's someone I'm not especially fond of,
I'm able to see that something is wrong, find out what it is, and sympathize with their plight.
In most cases, I haven't been through their situation, but I'm able to put myself into it and therefore see how they're feeling.
It's pretty cool.

2. My parents have been married for 30 years as of yesterday.
They're currently spending their anniversary in Disneyland and at the beach in Cali.
I'm SO happy that they tied the knot 30 years ago.
Cause' if they hadn't.....
RATALIENOSE
WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO
GRACE
THE BLOGGING WORLD WITH HER
PRESENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*GASP*
*SHUDDER
Bahaha.I'll also be forever grateful that both of my parents lived their lives in a manner that they were worthy to enter into the House of the Lord, and be sealed for time and all eternity.


3. My cousin/BFF Mary!
What I would do without this girl, I know not.
She's been there with me through everything!
I love our random songs, dances, inside jokes and adventures.
"Cousins by nature, Best Friends by choice."
I'm SOOOO happy she's in my life!

4. Tear ducts.
Crying is good for the soul.
It cleanses me.
It purges my insides till there's nothing bad left.
I love it!

5. Weekends.
I don't think I could handle another day of school this week.
TGIF
Thank Goodness It's Friday

So as you can see, I have alot to be happy about.
What about you?
What are you happy about this weekend?

3 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

i suppose inspiration breeds inspiration :) loved your post. love your parents. happy anniversary! They are in my hood, huh?

A "cheery" disposition said...

Congrats to your parents and I agree with you... crying makes me feel better and im so thankful there is a think called weekends.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better!

Weekends are my lifeblood.