Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The World is a Stage



Today we had our annual Curtain Time show. (School talent show.) I was scheduled to sing At Last by Etta James for both shows. (It was a double assembly.) But because we were extremely behind schedule, the last four acts on the program got cut. But everyone who didn't get to perform got moved to the beginning of the second show.

I was kind of worried because I was following a band that did "Don't Stop Believin" and their lead sing is amazing! But I put on a smile and walked out in my favorite dress of all time! The legendary red dress! I always feel hot in it, and between that and the amazing shoes, I was ready to conquer the world. When I walked out and the lights came on, it sounded like someone had turned up the level of the audience! The cheering was amazing! I was put at ease right away. People started clapping with the music and broke out their phones and started swaying them in the air. Every time I hit a hard note, more cheers came, and when the song ended, I heard some of the loudest applause of my life!!!!

Can you say R-U-S-H????

It'd been so long since I've been on the stage, I'd forgotten what an amazing feeling it is!! I used to be heard to say,

"I'm the happiest when I'm on the stage!"

Today, made me remember why!!!

Alyssa Palmer

9 comments:

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

{one} i love your blog

{two} performing is so much fun! but i don't sing. i dance. :)

{three} your background is killing me. ADORABLE!

{four} i love your collage of jacob pics. i think i stared at it for a good two straight minutes. mmmmm.w

Emily said...

good girl! your amazing

CB said...

I didn't even know that you sang.
I would have absolutely LOVED to see you sing this in your red dress!! Wow I am so proud of you!!!!

I am holding my phone in the air for you right now anyway :D

Lindsey said...

WONDERFUL!!! Way to go Nat :o)

Chloe said...

Wow!! I'm so glad for you!!!
I suffer from stage fright... I really admire you.

LEWIS LOVERS said...

i jnew you could do it!

Geevz said...

I think I need a picture of this red dress.

Alexa Mae said...

thats amazing nat! you are so brave. it is scary! love your blog, you are so dang cute!

Whitney said...

They cheered loud because your are pretty much Christina Aguilera, or Whitney Houston, or Carrie Underwood, or aretha franklin, or bette Midler, or celine dion, or... You get it right? ha ha Love you!