Monday, December 7, 2009

Dancing in the Moonlight 09'

Well friends, Winter Formal has come and gone and it was
F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday night we went to the basketball game.
(Westwood won! Holler!)
Then to Haley's house for s'mores.
On Saturday we played Bigger or Better.
We split into two teams, and each team was given a paper clip. Then we went from house to house asking our neighbors if they had something bigger or better that they would like to trade us. The team with the Biggest or Best thing wins!
The other team won with a rockin horse and as punishment, we had to go back to the house they got it from and dance around the horse singing:
"Ride ride ride that pony.
Get up on that big fat pony.
Ride ride ride that pony,
This is how we do it."
While someone rode the horse.
That was...uh special.
Anywho, we dropped off the boys and went home and got ready.
Then we picked them up again and went to take pictures at the Wright House. My amazing sister Emily, obliged to being our photographer!
Once we finished smiling till our faces hurt we headed into dinner which was also at the Wright House.
(Thank you Skipper, for making it happen, you're the best!)
Everyone brought part of the meal and our main dish was Tortilini made my Kair's parents!
YUMMMMM!!!!
Story:
While we were waiting for our food, there was music playing and our tables didn't take up much space so there was quite a bit of dance floor. I knew there wouldn't be very many slow dances at the actual dance, so Ty and I had our own!
All alone on our own little dance floor...until they started taking pictures of us because we looked
"adorable."

After dinner, we went to the Christmas lights at the temple to kill time.
(We refuse to be on time for dances.)
Since it was so cold we spent the majority of the time inside the visitors center watching videos, talking to missionaries etc.
Finally, around nine, we headed over to the dance and partied like it was 1999.
Afterwards, we went to Mary's and ate snacks and played games.
Basically, it was the best night of my life!!!!
I L-O-V-E gazebos!!!!



All the girls!!!
Skipper, Mary, Jessica, Kairleigh, Haley, Yours Truly
K I promise that I did not put myself in the front of this picture!!
Emily told me to stand there!!!
Our handsome fellas!!!
Kenneth, Ty, Taylor, Sam, Painter, Spencer
While we were watching them get their pictures taken I turned to my friends and said
"You guys, we seriously have the cutest group of guys at Westwood!! Good work!!"

Kair and Taylor

Alyssa and Painter

Haley and Sam
(Yes that is a black eye, he got it from wrestling.)

Jessica and Spencer

Ken and Mary

Emily told us to look at each other and we started laughing.

Here is my ensemble that I was so excited about!!!!
Dress: Free from my sister's boss!!!
Shoes: Borrowed from Emily
Head band: Borrowed from Emily
Tights: $5 from Forever 21
Cardigan: $15 from Forever 21
Hair Flower: Gift from Sarah
Total: $20!!!!
This = My Favorite Picture Ever!!!!

This makes me laugh!!!

So yes, Winter Formal was a TOTAL success!!!!!
I've got two dates lined up for this week so stay tuned!!!
Alyssa Painter

12 comments:

Whitney said...

You look HOT! I love the ensemble. Why do you keep putting Alyssa "something" at the end of your posts? I am confused. I am pretty positive your name is Nat.

Ann Marie said...

Yay!!! I am so glad it was a success! It all looks GRAND!!

I love this "Wright" house. I have seen it on other blogs.. It's my Maiden name.. so of course I like it more! *wink*

You and your date are so cute.. Love your "Favorite picture" and the fact that you guys were slow dancing by yourselves...

*These are the moments! *
XO

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

oh the days of high school dances.

some great memories...some awkward ones...and some i wish i could forget.

oh high school.

glad you had fun! cute CHEAP outfit! love it!

Anonymous said...

Umm I think people are starting to get really confused about me and my plethora of last names. It's awesome and I love it haha.

Alyssa

Chloe said...

Wow! You're gorgeous! Love your outfit! You're great!!!!
I'm so happy you had such a great time!

TLC said...

Hands down toots YOU LOOK SMOKIN!
I LOVE your dress and everything about it...Oh my, I'm proud!

I'm so glad that the night was everything and more and those last few pics....LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Holy Goodness haha Winter Formal was soooo fun!! haha We didn't get the pictures of the group in front of the Christmas tree and on the staircase and the balcony!!! ughh hahaha and I love the one you picked of me and Spencer that's one of my favorites too!!! I need to give you the pics we took of you two dancing... there is a super adorable one that I love!!! haha Love you Nat! Smile!

✩Molly✩ said...

Painter and Skipper? Are you serious?! or did you just throw in unusual names to make sure I was still paying attention? wow.. those are very interesting names.

Definitely looks like a great time... i have a couple pictures from my Winter Formal on Facebook... *digging for links...* *finds this window 15 minutes later, still havent found them yet...* oh well :)

Emily said...

did everyones pictures show up on their cd's?

RatalieNose said...

Yes they did! They were great! Thank you so much!

RatalieNose said...

Molly- Painter is his last name. I've never called him by his first name for some reason.
And Skipper is what I call Alyssa sometimes because...well I can't really remember why...

CB said...

OH MY GOSH you wonderfully, fun, little hottie!! I am SO loving the purple tights and your whole ensemble looks fab on you...BUT the very best are all your faces that you make in the pictures. You are So dang fun and cute - sultry and wicked - ha ha!!! I can totally see why it was the best dance evah!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Ride That Pony - UMMMM YES all time favorite Girls Camp song and I will do it on demand - LOVE it!!!!!