Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Disneyland Uncovered

So I've mentioned several times that I, RatalieNose, have issues with Disneyland.
Several people have requested that I post about these issues.
But here's the thing, the majority of the beefs that I have with
The Happiest Place on Earth
all have to do with my own stupidity, idiocy, hypocrisy ect. ect.
So for the past month I've been trying to buck up the courage to write this.
But before I start I need ya'll to promise me two things:
1. That you won't think less of me after hearing what an awful person I am.
2. That you won't think I'm an idiot for making a mountain out of a molehill.
This stuff may not seem big to some of you, but to an extremely emotional teenage girl, this is BIG STUFF!!!
All right.
I'm ready.
Lets start with the less personal things.1. Look at this map! The place is HUGE right?
K, I'm five 2.
My legs are short.
And not muscular.
By the end of a day at this place, the lower half of my body is in MISERY!!!!!!
Not to mention, that I"m hot, sweaty and grumpy from lines longer than The Great Wall of China!!!!!
2. Last time I was there, I nonchalantly, got on the ride Indiana Jones.
I took off my back pack that had my:
1. Camera
2. Wallet
3. Money
4. And array of other personal items
in it and
FORGOT TO PUT IT IN THE HOLDER!!!!!!!!
SO GUESS WHAT???????
MY BAG FELL OFF THAT BLASTED JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH PS THE CAMERA WASN'T EVEN MINE PERSONALLY!!!!!
Thankfully, due to many prayers, the ride broke down later and they were able to fish it out of the dark tunnel and I was able to retrieve it before heading home.
So, yeah, my fault.
But I"m still bitter.

3. Now my biggest issue with Disneyland,
isn't even Disneyland's fault at all.
It just happenED to take place there.
But it is the reason that I will forever have bitterness in my heart when I think of it.
I lost my best friend there.
No, we didn't get seperated physically.
No she didn't die.
But I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life and broke my best friend's heart.
Her name was Roxy.
(not really but too protect her personal life we shall call her that.)
She was hilarious, fun loving, trustworthy, loyal...everything you could want in a best friend!
She had a HUGE crush on Eric
(again, name change)
I knew how much she liked Eric.
I knew perfectly well.
And yet.
I flirted it up!
And not just like
"Oh tee hee stupid girl flirting"
But hard core touchy feely, constant flirting.
RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER!
I HELD HIS HAND!!!!!
MY BEST FRIEND'S DREAM BOY!!!!!
Needless to say....
Our friendship went out the window.
A qoute from Roxy:
"Natalie you were my best frined and I dont want a boy,of all things, to make us stop being friends. but I dont think that we can ever be as good of friends as we were, I trusted you alot, I would have put my life in your hands I trusted you so much. but I have lost my trust in you."
Yeah, I don't know about you, but reading that, even now two years later, that breaks my heart.
So there you have it.
Why Disneyland is not the Happiest Place on Earth for me.

P.S.
None of those girls are Roxy.
This picture was taken on the day I lost my backpack.

9 comments:

Bekah Jennings said...

Oh, that is so sad about your friend. I've been in your friend's shoes before, and it was hard. (But we were at an amusement park in Vegas, not Mickey Land) I hope she has found the strength to forgive you, and the peace that comes from doing so, but also that you will forgive yourself. Love you!

CB said...

I will not judge you even though I am a total Disney Freakazoid! I understand that the happiest place is not that for everyone.

I hope your next visit there - if you go back - is full of better memories and happy moments.
(Find Aladdin - He's always a studly guy!! ha ha).

Ann Marie said...

I can see that it is not nessesarily the place, but it's that many things that happened to be there that leaves the place tainted..Got it.

I love Disneyland with all my heart, but there was one time about 13 years ago that I left crying and had a bad day like you have shared..

Maybe one day when you have a prince charming, and little kids of your own, you will feel differently.. But as for it now.. Maybe a break from the happiest place on earth will be the fix....:)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Aw I see...Junior High mishaps. My friend, you must give Disneyland a few more tries. Wait till you go there with your husband...it will be glorious!

Laynee said...

Although I totally LOVE Disneyland... I agree. I have had some bad days there. But, still it is great!

Camille said...

Well that clears things up for me! Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry about your friend, but I still like you.

Nancy Face said...

I don't have fun at Disneyland in the summer when it's hot and I'm sweaty and the lines are long, so I go in the fall or winter when it's cool or even cold, and the lines are short! HUGE DIFFERENCE! :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I feel your pain. I can only imagine the horror of taking of your backpack, to keep it safe, only to find it catapulting out your jeep.

I hate when things come between friendships, like in your story. We can't all be perfect all the time. I thought her words were pretty harsh, and it is always difficult when harsh words have been leveraged your way. If she doensn't forgive/forget, then it isn't meant to be.

That young exciting age, no doubt no parents along for a the trip, can bring out the flirtatious side in some of us. It's all part of learning and growing up.

You told the story in a humorous manner that made me chuckle, not at your grief mind you! I am sure time and an exciting 0pportunity for an adventure may take you back to Disney, but until then I would crown another place the Happiest place on earth!

Cristin said...

I've got some major issues with D-Land too. I thought I was the only one in the universe!

Here is my rant http://cristink.blogspot.com/2009/08/high-five-to-d-land.html

Truth spoke about those rides.

BTW LOOOVE Your blog!