Sunday, June 20, 2010

High School Horrors Part 10

So I know it's summer, but there are some Horrors that I feel are recap worthy.
So here we go:
As we all know, friends are debatably the most important part of a high schooler's existence, so when something happens that jeapordizes them, it becomes your very own living nightmare.
The Three Scariest Experiences of Ratalie's Junior Year
3. My BFF Suz was feeling awful during choir. So we were outside and I was doing my best to help her out. I turned away for one second and the next thing I know, her eyes are rolling back in her head and she's falling backwards and I hear her head hit the pavement with a thud. Terr.I.Fy.Ing.
2. This one got it's one post. The Rusty/Peanut Butter Episode. Go here to read all about it.
1. The number one most terrifying experience of this year...one night I was sitting at home and someone burst through our door. It was Edell, my friend Jake's mom. She was borderlining hysterical as she said "Jake's been in a motorcycle accident, can we leave our car here so Glen and I can drive together?" And with that she was gone. We had no idea how serious it was or what exactly happened. All night I was wreck. I even texted Jake thinking that if he was concious he'd have his phone on him: "Jake are you okay???" Not recieving an answer made it even worse. Finally, around 11 pm Edell came back to pick up the car. Becuase Jake had been wearing his helmet he had made it without any serious injuries and had walked out of the hospital. I don't think I'd ever been that relieved in my entire life. I booked it outside to jump on Jake and see with my own two eyes that he was okay. To this day, I am a HUGE advocate for wearing helmets on motorcycles, it saved my best friends life!
I'm so thankful that in all three of these scenarios, my friends were okay. I know without a doubt that all three of them were being watched over by a loving Heavenly Father. And that, with him on my side, I need never fear.

3 comments:

TLC said...

Hey there toots! YOWZA...those are some terrifying things to take place in a junior year!!!

I'm just glad your blogging!!! Hope your having a GREAT summer!!!

Love ya!!!

Chloe said...

You're back! OMG! OMG! You're back!!! YAY!
Yes, those experiences are TERRIFYING!! But I'm glad you're friends are OK.
Have a great summer!!

Maureen said...

I am most definitely an advocate of wearing a motorcycle helmet. My boyfriend was in a terrible accident. He broke his leg, some ribs, and his shoulder. And was pretty bruised and bloody, but his helmet, and other gear, saved his life. I think it's ridiculous that in this state seatbelts are required by law but motorcycle helmets are not. They're both important!